Tuesday, October 30, 2007

An attempt to settle out of court


quote: ORIGINAL: Noelle
I will say nothing more about it except that I feel absolutely terrible that Jimbo's been put in the middle of some drama he has nothing to do with.


This would be a non-issue if Noelle and I hadn't "gotten a divorce." We'd still be running the Weds Night game together, and DJ Jimbo would've been paid off.

The BBJ was actually very rarely mentioned on this site. I'll dig up the old posts for you, if you want. True, the game was always advertised here and I think it would never have lasted as long as it did if not for Brian and Justin opening MD-Poker to all of us.

I'll admit, I handled this situation poorly. The money should have been set aside and kept available for immediate payout. Noelle is just as guilty of this as I am, but as she correctly stated, she has paid more than her half.

From the moment the BBJ crested the $1K mark, we always said that the balances would be paid out in "store credit." No one is crying theif to the people that have been running games with $4 and $5 / hand rakes for the past couple years and not giving any of it back to the players. From game #1 to the last one, we always took a $3 capped rake, with an extra $1 taken out of $100 pots.

It's not like Jimbo hit the Jackpot for $1200 and got $0 of it. The total pool was $5500, all but the last $1200 has been credited to the players. No single player, to my knowledge, received a direct cash payment, they all played on credit to settle their balances. The fact of the matter is that as fate would have it, the BBJ hit too late in the life the game, soon before it ended. It could be joked that the game ended because the BBJ hit, but I think you and I both know that is not true.

If you held a gift certificate for a legitimate business and said business went belly-up, would you insist upon your claim to the cash value? Running a poker game out of a basement is far from a legit business, I understand that. Once Noelle and I had severely conflicting opinions, there was no way she was going to allow me to run that game out of her basement.

I spent six weeks or so away from Maryland and just in the past two weeks, I'm back now. Jimbo, I'm really sorry you got put in this spot and the best way I can hope to work it out with you is to extend your credit away from the now dead Weds Night game to any game in MD you find me dealing. If you make arrangements with me, I may even be able to get you some credit for a game I'm playing as well.

It's not a perfect solution, but it's not a perfect world, either. The worst thing that can happen is that every time I extend you credit, you win, and the balance doesn't go down. This just means that you'd be beating the crap out of the games and aren't in immediate need of the $933 you rightfully feel is owed to you.


quote: ORIGINAL: djjimbo
I know that Travis is well respected on this site and he has many freinds, but saying your going to pay a jackpot that u advertise on md-poker and not to pay it out isn't right and it hurts the integrety of this site that many people enjoy.



Again, MD-Poker.com and its affiliates should never have been brought into this. I do like to think that, yes, I am a well-respected member and I regret that my own personal integrity has been jeopardized by the situation at hand.

DJJimbo, I hope this resolution suits you. I am sorry it had to get this ugly and I look forward to playing with you and dealing for you in the future.

This post was originally a response to a thread on MD-Poker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home