Thursday, April 05, 2007

Scooter Wins!

A little after midnight on this past Wednesday, I had a full table, a waitlist, and I had eight seats locked for the following game to be held just shy of a week later. One of those players is on the fence, and I had another added, so now I've got one seat officially open and one possibly open. The lock list for next week is available to all those which are members of the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/wedsnights/). If you're looking to play and you're not a member, sign-up! Easiest way to get in contact with me is usually on AIM (Edna Jones)... but if I'm somehow not available, drop me an e-mail (onafolddraw@gmail.com).

The game last night had a few interesting hands, one of which caused E-Honda to reconsider his lock for next week. Scooter had raised in EP pre-flop, E called a few seats behind, and Eric called from the blinds. Might've been another hitch-hiker caught in the middle, not sure. Flop came out 4d3dQs and Eric checked, Scoot bet $16, got a caller from the hitchhiker, and E threw out two green chips to raise it up to nifty. Eric check/shipped his stack for $68 total, and Scooter called the $50 more to him. Hitchhiker folded, and E said "All-in." I told him he couldn't, because Eric had not made a full raise. E's raise was $34 over the $16, and Eric's was $18 on top of that. Only way it might've worked is if E had made it $25 over the $16 for a total of $41... and then Eric had re-raised for an add'l $25. Well, lo-and-behold, E starts talking shit to Scooter, telling him that E intends to "mush" the turn no matter what. Turn comes off and the board is now 4d3dQs Kh.

Scooter looks at the board, looks at E, seems confused, and E says, "Go ahead and bet some stupid shit so I can raise it all-in." Scooter declines, and in a very Don Mackert-esque manor, waves his hands forward and says "All-in."

I think I'da fell out the box if he said "Mush." Of course, he two-outed E's fropped set of fours with an over-set of Kings. E insta-calls and is sick when Scoot turns up the Kings. Ah well. So now Scoot's sitting around $1K in front, and feeling pretty good. That mother fucker better stop saying I always do him dirty while I'm in the box and Nelly treats him better.

Hours later, what is pretty much decided to be one of the last hands of the night, Tiny (Hand Selection) Tim and Scooter get wrapped up in a big pot. Flop comes out 6cTs9s. Checks to Ali, he bets $12, Scoot raises to $25, and when it comes back to Timmy in the blinds, he c/r's for $55 more. Ali bounces, and Scoot calls. pot is now well-over $185, and when the turn comes off a non-spade, Timmy leads out $100. Problem is, it was a board-pairing non-spade. A niner. Scoot ponders, says "Two." and slides two $100 stacks of red chips into the pot. Before I can size up the bets, Timmy says "All-in." Horry Shrit Brat Man. The raise was about $400 more. Pot-sized, li'l less. Scooter hems and haws and finally says "Only one hand beats me... I can't believe I'm folding this." He then tells us he's folding 96 boat.

I could barely resist taking dealer privelege to check it out, but I let it go. I believe the Scootster. Timmy says something along the lines of, "Holy shit, you folded a boat, I thought you were making a move with flush draw. Scooter's hand is firmly in the muck, and Timmy shows 87o, for a fropped straight. Fun times. Nice of Scoot to let Timmy keep that $1000.

Along with those pots, we had just shy of seventy pots over $100 to bring the Bad Beat Jackpot up to $4,321. Just be dealt in at a ten-handed game and you're looking at a $135 just for being dealt in. ... Not to mention the $2,160 you'd get for losing the hand! See ya next week, cards in the air at 1920!

1 Comments:

At Thursday, April 05, 2007 8:51:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I still can't believe it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home